Phoenix Whole Loan Solutions
Phoenix Whole Loan Solutions (“PWLS”), is a market leading residential mortgage trader that specializes in the acquisition and sale of residential whole loans. PWLS specializes in helping its clients in the following areas:
- Residential Whole Loan Trading – The core business of PWLS is purchasing residential whole loans of any quality, performance and vintage, including agency overlays, non-QM, scratch and dent, compliance violations, and loans with missing collateral documentation. The PWLS staff is prepared to execute quickly and efficiently on both large and small transactions, and can accommodate the unique needs of banks, credit unions, mortgage bankers, warehouse lenders and private equity players. The PWLS team has completed well over 500 separate transactions since 2005 and our trading desk and contract finance team is experienced in valuing, pricing and funding residential mortgages all along the credit curve.
- Loan Sale Advisory Services – PWLS provides portfolio analysis and modeling capabilities, develops detailed sales strategies, and utilizes unique trading structures. This approach produces viable bidder recommendations that ultimately translate into a seamless sale of assets in the secondary market. Services include:
- Portfolio analysis and market pricing expectations development
- Preparation and management of data sent to potential investors
- Preparation of the term sheet offerings
- Direct and focused marketing efforts to multiple qualified bidders
- Preparing and maintaining a library of confidentiality agreements for each potential investor
- Analysis of submitted bids ensuring best execution
- Tailored purchase and sale agreements customized to maximize price and minimize risk
- Mark-to-Market / Pricing and Cash Flow Modeling – PWLS has both hands-on and historical market experience offering detailed valuation and cash flow modeling for all loan types and performance. PWLS has completed hundreds of transactions while analyzing and pricing in excess of $40 billion of potential transactions over the past several years. We use proprietary trading and analytical tools developed over the last three decades and our modeling capabilities incorporate both current market conditions and a historical perspective. In our analysis, PWLS collaborates with the client to determine appropriate CPRs, CDRs and market yields which best depict the realities of today’s marketplace.
- Due Diligence Services – PWLS offers a full menu of due diligence services meeting the unique needs of each transaction:
- Comprehensive loan file review including credit and income analysis
- Fraud detection including identity theft, occupancy and title fraud
- New credit reports, tax reports, and broker price opinions
- Title searches and assessment of current lien position
- Payment history and servicing comments review and analysis
- Compliance testing of all federal, state and local regulations
- Meticulous review of original collateral documentation
- Expert Witness Testimony and Consulting – PWLS has a team of experts familiar with the operation and management of banks, savings and loans, mortgage bankers, mortgage brokers, investment banks and hedge funds. Areas of expertise include loan repurchase and defense of loan repurchase demands, investment practices, operations, lender liability, origination fraud, pricing, trading and secondary market best practices. PWLS has served as expert witness and/or consultant on over a dozen cases pertaining to banking, originations, underwriting, securitization and other secondary market activities, and has provided expert testimony, depositions and reports while supporting in areas of guideline matching, loan file inventory, due diligence, rebuttal writing, quality assurance, and loan portfolio valuation.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 303.539.7227.